Thursday, January 12, 2012

ACRYLICS VRS DIGITAL ::FAMILY::

This year I don't know why but I lost the taste for digital artwork, I'm still going to do my commercial illustrations digitally but for my artwork I refuse to do any more digital pieces. Call me nostalgic about painting by hand but there is something beautiful about how a painting looks that I just can't find in digital prints. Every stroke of your brush has a story, every mistake, every fix up, every color and every line. I still like digital illustrations but as the concept goes, illustrations are just not the same as fine art and this is why this year I'll explore my painting side a bit more. These are some paintings I did a while ago for my family. Acrylics over wood.

1 comment:

FĂ©lix Lu said...

hands are the instrument of instruments

Don't use anything within this site without permission of Alejandra Barahona aka Bara... In you want to use my work please send me an e-mail and I'll listen to your proposal.